Skip to main content

Paris day one

We arrived in Paris about 7am this morning, we spent approximately 27 hours travelling, 21 of those spent on a plane with a six hour lay over in Singapore. The airport at Singapore is amazing with lots to keep you busy, although after a short bout of shopping we spent many hours just relaxing in the lounge areas. I managed to get a bit of sewing in and have completed a Lucy Boston Block.
I was going to do a whole post about the journey but thought I would skip that and go straight to the good stuff . . . .


Paris decided to welcome us with a beautiful sunny blue sky day, this was our first sighting of the Eiffel Tower, and to be honest if it wasn't for gadget boy I would have missed it . . . . Can't wait to see it up close tomorrow



My first sighting of Notre dame took my breathe away. As we crossed the bridge to the ille de Le cite, the bells of notredame began to chime and you could actually feel the vibration in the air, it was amazing. Our first day in Paris was a Sunday, so entry to Notre dame and a few other monuments were free so the line ups were huge, so we decided we would save our visit to another day.


Had to snap a picture of this Metro entrance, it's just so Paris, well to me it is . . . . 


We decided to visit just a couple of places today, as we were both pretty tired so our first visit was to 
the Paris Pantheon, I was absolutely blown away with the size of this building its huge and spectacular on the inside. Beneath the building in its crypt 's is the remain's of some of France's hero's including members of the French resistance, famous authors Victor Hugo,  Alexandre Dumas , Voltaire  and Madame Curie. 
We also visited a lovely little church close to our apartment , where there is a shrine to Saint Genevieve the patron saint of Paris.
Really today we just wandered and tried to convince ourselves we really are in Paris. 
As we stood on one of the bridges , gazing at the ille de Le cite and listened to "la vie en rose" played by a busking violinist, it made if feel very very real.


We spent a lovely hour or two this evening sitting at a lovely little bar / cafe surrounded by Parisians , sipping wine / beer watching the Parisians do what they do  . . . . 
It was a lovely first day

Au Revior

Googy Girl

Comments

Bonjour Trish! You know I feel like I am doing all this again through you...just beautiful! Merci! Enjoy it all...there is so much!
Deb R said…
Sounds wonderful first day!!! Love to see your apartment!! have a few wines n cheese n think of me lol
Enjoy!!! xx
Jan said…
So glad you visited the Pantheon, which we discovered on our last visit. Isn't it amazing. Paris is so full of treasures - and oh, the delights of just strolling around. Have a wonderful time!
Sonia said…
Sigh, keep it up.... Enjoy.
Anita said…
Like Dzintra, I feel like you are describing our first day there and how we felt! Just soak it all in!!
Fiona said…
wonderful....
Hugz
Susan said…
Sounds wonderful.
Cheryll said…
Absorb every moment but take lots of pics...xox
Sounds like a perfect first day. Makes me want to visit yet again and I have been five times already!!!!!! I love the bit where you just sat andsipped a wine, my favourite time of day in Paris. Enjoy every moment..... Xxxx
Woo hoo look at you .... Fantastic photos thanks Googy xxx
Janice said…
How exciting for you. It truly is a wonderful city. Enjoy your time there.
DAWNIE said…
So excited for you. great post, great sights. Please have a baguette for me and an almond croissant!

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good