Skip to main content

GDITC 2012




wow i can't believe that it has been 8 days since GDITC 2012 and like  Sandy i have found since returning home i have had to pay for my sins and work like a trojan . . . . .   lol

i have worked 6 out of the last 7 days and that's just the payed employment, then here was the washing, ironing and general housework. . .   lol

but enough of that no whinging on this blog today
onto the good stuff

GDITC 

was as always fabulous

Alison and myself arrived just after lunch, and after checking in we immediately headed off for some shopping at Kerry' s and McClellands and Odgers


Nundle as always was pretty as a picture



we joined our fellow GDITC groupies for a some nibbles and bubbles on the lawn


and a bit of show and tell
Cardygirl (above) and Bird on the border (below)
had some wonderful quilts to show
 there were many other gorgeous quilts on show as well



Then off to Mt Misery for a fabulous dinner


we chatted and laughed so much we lost track of time and
Peg and Dales had to remind us with a friendly tap on the window
 we needed to get going to the trunkshow


Sue Daley's trunkshow was amazing i loved this quilt


and this one has me very interested
Sue is running it as a Block of the month and i am very tempted . . . .would love it in blues


I woke really early on the Saturday (like a child on christmas day . . . .) to find that Nundle was shrouded in mist it was stunning to see and had me racing to grab my camera


however the mist soon lifted and the sun shone down on what was to be a wonderful day


waiting to get in . . . .


The door to paradise 
(ok i have been listening to a lot of coldplay lately and this song is always in my head . . . LOL)


my goody bag


don't you love the feeling of a project about to begin, the wonder of how it will be . . .  .



Great company, Bird on the border


yummy food


catching up with great friends, even when they are getting an update on their sons game



the projects we could complete


the one i chose to do


my cabin buddy Lea


. . . . my new favourite mug . . . .
added to my GDITC mug collection

now usual i am definitely a purple gal, but i seen this bright sunny yellow happy cup 

and just had to have it


my project on the day


and my project now, beside my very inviting pool

 this has become a very long post, which i have to say i have smiled and chuckled as i have written remembering all the laughter and joy of Nundle


i hope this post breaks my blog drought and my blogging mojo returns, things have been very busy
around the egg household with lot's and lot's going on 
some of which i hope to share with you in weeks to come

so here's hoping 
your hands are working on something that you love

Ciao


Comments

Fiona said…
What a great time... lovely to read your post... nothing like a fun weekend with lovely things to see to get your mojo back.... such pretty clamshells
Hugz
Wow, that looks like so much fun! :o)
You have been busy, these are the things we must do...bit it is all worth it for GDITC, fantastic photos...your clam shells are looking so good...Peg and Dale have had so much fun....
Allie said…
Nundle looks like a fairy-tale place, so gorgeous, how I would love to visit there! I'm glad you had a wonderful time hon, your project is beautiful!
Susan said…
It is so lovely to re-live every Nundle moment every time someone does a new post. Great photos, fun and memories.
Lyn said…
Lovely photos...sounds like just the best thing to do for a weekend away...wish I lived closer so I could experience the fun you all had..lovely piecing..
Anita said…
great pics - what a great weekend!!
Was great to catch up, need a mid year retreat I think LOL
Love the clam shells and the colours, one day I will get to a retreat!!
Anonymous said…
Great re-cap of a fab time! Loved your pics....I was another one out early with the camera on the Saturday morning to catch the early morning mist shots! i had the best time and am looking forward to next year already! I have done a few more rows on the clamshells and love the technique. Hopefully I will find some time over the Easter weekend to finish the project!
Unknown said…
Great Post & Pics Trish...
Pity it's another whole year before we do it again...
cheers
oh such a fun time together............over all too soon..........like Susan I just love everyones posts........each view is slightly different........
Anonymous said…
Great photos of a great weekend Trish... I'm so far behind with my blog reading :(

Popular posts from this blog

Toorale homestead - Louth

We set off from Bourke  , we had stayed the night at Kidmans camp , which was a lovely spot and headed off south to start the Datling River run. For the first few hours we didn’t see any river as our first destination was  TooraleHomestead The drive in was pretty good , lots of dust and a little bit of corrigation but really quite good  We seen some wildlife including an eagle  Bit blurry as it was taken through the windscreen of the car ,  Some Emu’s and kangaroos  The homestead itself is closed to the public except during school holidays ,so we didn’t get to go in but , we knew before we arrived that was the case and I was keen to see it anyway. Sir Samuel McCaughey in partnership with his Brother John and cousin purchased Toorale, Nocoleche and Dunlop station. Acquiring 800 000 acres of land and 130 000 sheep and 80 horses.  Eventually Samuel bought his brother and cousin out. He built the homestead in 1896 as a wedding gift to his niece. The golden years for the homestead were betw

Scrappy chook quilt

So I have been keeping this one under wraps, not on purpose mainly just because I have been a very lazy blogger. A few months ago, as most of you know I had a visit to chookyblue's place, whilst there I had the pleasure to sleep under some of her gorgeous quilts. But one in particular took my fancy I just loved the scrappiness of this quilt, the lovely colours but mainly just the simple design. So when I headed up to Nundle for my retreat, I sent the lovely Kerry a photo and she assured me she could pull together some lovely fabrics and guide me, to put this lovely quilt together. When I arrived at Nundle This lovely bundle of fabrics awaited me The girls and I used the black and white feature on the iPad to determine light medium and dark fabrics I spent 3/4 of the first day creating these squares, I think I frustrated Miss Joolz because I just could not be random, I had to be organised I didn't want to get end and end up wit

Burren junction - Brewarinna

Beds on Barwon We left Newcastle at a reasonable time on Friday morning not gadgets ( my husband) usual 4am start and headed west.  We really never planned this trip out as such we vaguely decided that sitting by a river with a fire was our plan , a chance to take a deep breathe and slow down our lives for a bit. Almost 13 years ago we were extremely fortunate to do the darling river run with some wonderful friends and thought that we would love to repeat that trip and hopefully see the Darling river with water this time.  However at this stage our plans are a little up in the air with the road to Louth currently closed due to rain and some of the national parks closed for the same reason. Soo where are we heading , not sure but wherever we are heading it will be an adventure. So on day one we drove to Burren Junction where we spent our first night of our adventure at a truck stop  This is our new travelling Duo Reggie ( car) and Ruby ( van) we decided last year it was time to say good