Free Motion Quilting

i finally have had time to sit down and practice my 
free motion quilting 
(FMQ)
what with being on holidays, both from work and
my sewing machine
which was a little hard considering i was reading, every article,
 book and blog post i could find, 
thank goodness for my iPhone and gadgets iPad
LOL

so i started off with Leah Day's
FMQ projects


so this is week one "Let's wiggle"

this was fun and i seemed to cope pretty well

(sorry the photo's are a bit dark , 
the weather is not playing fair)


this one required a little more thought...and slowed me down


I had a bit of trouble with travelling too far and being forced to stop, 
this time it ended up at the at the top of
the first one and ended up resulting in a bit of a sharp corner,
then i had a bit of a problem with speed and stitch length


this one was fun


my top loops were a little wonky, i think i need to retry this one


my lobster claws were pretty good


this is were i really lost it, i found it hard just randomly 
throwing the different designs
together

okay so what i have learn't so far

i have to learn to stop, more frequently, i keep trying to push that little bit further
and it often resulted in my loops being mis - sharpened 

i also need to work on my speed - movement 
most of my stitches were pretty even which i was really happy with

but it is definitely something that can be improved

either way i think i am well on my way

stayed tune for the next instalment


hope your hands are working on something that you love

Ciao







Comments

Fiona said…
looking good Trish.... I am naughty about doing practice sandwiches and I can see it is so worth it...
Hugz
Allie said…
Wow Trish, you're doing really well!!! I'm so impressed!!
Anonymous said…
Looking good Trish... this is something I should have put on my "new years resolution list" maybe it will end up on my bucket list :)
Anne Lise said…
Oh, I think you're doing well. Your FMQ looks great. I have thought the same, to start on this project, but not yet. Just babythings for me for the time being. And thank you for your comments on my posts. We're keep in touch...:-)
Jenny said…
You have been very busy since I last visited your blog. The FMQ looks like its progressing well. I have to say I love the way you change your blog design its always really lovely to look at . Very Talented.....
Jenny said…
You have been very busy since I last visited your blog. The FMQ looks like its progressing well. I have to say I love the way you change your blog design its always really lovely to look at . Very Talented.....

Popular Posts